The post Soulja Boy says sorry for promoting over 80 crypto scams appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Rapper Soulja Boy has apologized for promoting dozens of The post Soulja Boy says sorry for promoting over 80 crypto scams appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Rapper Soulja Boy has apologized for promoting dozens of

Soulja Boy says sorry for promoting over 80 crypto scams

Rapper Soulja Boy has apologized for promoting dozens of crypto and non-fungible token projects flagged as scams by blockchain investigator ZachXBT in 2023.

The “Crank It” artist’s social media activity between 2021 and 2023 has several posts promoting crypto tokens and NFT collections to his millions of followers. ZachXBT alleges that many of those promotions involved projects that either collapsed within days of his messages, were abandoned, or were outright fraudulent.

Soulja Boy, whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way, addressed the allegations in a statement posted on X early Monday morning. He said he was unaware of the fraudulent nature of the projects at the time and admitted there were failures in his past judgment.

“I want to be clear and transparent. I had no knowledge that a scammer named Sahil was involved or paying me to promote anything fraudulent. At the time, I was doing paid promos without understanding the crypto/NFT space the way I do now. This was years ago, and I’ve learned a lot since then,” the rapper-turned-crypto-investor claimed.

He continued to apologize to his followers, saying he was “genuinely sorry and it was never his intention” to promote rug pull projects. “I take responsibility for not doing deeper due diligence back then, and I’ve moved very differently since. Growth is learning from mistakes,” Soulja Boy concluded.

ZachXBT listed 5 scam projects promoted by Soulja Boy

According to ZachXBT’s X thread in April 2023, Soulja Boy promoted crypto and NFT drops at least 73 times since March 2021. The investigator said 16 of the NFT collections lauded by the rapper later became scams or failed ventures, Cryptopolitan reported.

One of the cited examples was a token known as RAPDOGE, which Soulja Boy had mentioned severally in mid-2021. “On July 19, 2021, Soulja Boy Tweeted out: “let’s pump $RAPDOGE to $.000001 and let’s get all our friends in on this, are you with me lilyachty” In the following hours the project rug pulled after receiving shills from Lil Yachty and Quavo as well,” the investigator wrote.

The RAPDOGE token has since become defunct, and investors suffered losses after liquidity was withdrawn shortly after the promotional push.

ZachXBT also talked about Soulja Boy’s tussle with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which had filed a complaint accusing him and several other celebrities of unlawfully promoting tronix (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT).

The SEC alleged that the promotions failed to disclose the rapper had been compensated for endorsing the tokens, alongside actor Lindsay Lohan, WWE athlete and influencer Jake Paul, artists Akon and Ne-Yo.

Two projects known as Orion and The Life Token were also part of Soulja Boy’s cake, which he allegedly used for charitable causes.

“Orion & The Life Token, these two projects used cancer and suicide prevention charities as a means to pump the price. Within one month of the shill Orion, rugged and Twitter was deleted. The Life Token was abandoned in early 2022,” ZachXBT surmised.

Soulja Boy promoted a different project called Flokinomics that fraudulently claimed to be connected to Elon Musk and paid for media promotion to make it look real, but its liquidity was eventually taken away. Per ZachXBT’s estimates, the “Superman” rapper earned more than $730,000 from crypto and NFT promotions during the period under review.

Celebrity gets cleared from 2-year long Cryptozoo court case  

There have been several famous names mentioned alongside failed crypto projects within the last year, but perhaps the most talked about was Logan Paul’s Cryptozoo frenzy. The WWE superstar and online personality closed the chapter on the defunct NFT project legal dispute after a US district judge upheld the dismissal of a class action lawsuit accusing him of misleading investors. 

The lawsuit, filed in 2023, alleged that Paul and his associates promoted an NFT-based game that promised profits through breeding and trading digital animals. The project never completely got off the ground, which led to claims that investors were lied to and that the effort was a “rug pull.”

Sharpen your strategy with mentorship + daily ideas – 30 days free access to our trading program

Source: https://www.cryptopolitan.com/soulja-boy-says-sorry-promoting-crypto-scams/

Market Opportunity
TokenFi Logo
TokenFi Price(TOKEN)
$0.003336
$0.003336$0.003336
+0.51%
USD
TokenFi (TOKEN) Live Price Chart
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.
Tags:

You May Also Like

Hadron Labs Launches Bitcoin Summer on Neutron, Offering 5–10% BTC Yield

Hadron Labs Launches Bitcoin Summer on Neutron, Offering 5–10% BTC Yield

Hadron Labs launches 'Bitcoin Summer' on Neutron, BTC vaults for WBTC, eBTC, solvBTC, uniBTC and USDC. Earn 5–10% BTC via maxBTC, with up to 10x looping.
Share
Blockchainreporter2025/09/18 02:00
Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin!

Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin!

The post Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin! appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. While the number of Bitcoin (BTC) treasury companies continues to increase day by day, another Nasdaq-listed company has announced its purchase of BTC. Accordingly, live broadcast and e-commerce company GD Culture Group announced a $787.5 million Bitcoin purchase agreement. According to the official statement, GD Culture Group announced that they have entered into an equity agreement to acquire assets worth $875 million, including 7,500 Bitcoins, from Pallas Capital Holding, a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. GD Culture will issue approximately 39.2 million shares of common stock in exchange for all of Pallas Capital’s assets, including $875.4 million worth of Bitcoin. GD Culture CEO Xiaojian Wang said the acquisition deal will directly support the company’s plan to build a strong and diversified crypto asset reserve while capitalizing on the growing institutional acceptance of Bitcoin as a reserve asset and store of value. With this acquisition, GD Culture is expected to become the 14th largest publicly traded Bitcoin holding company. The number of companies adopting Bitcoin treasury strategies has increased significantly, exceeding 190 by 2025. Immediately after the deal was announced, GD Culture shares fell 28.16% to $6.99, their biggest drop in a year. As you may also recall, GD Culture announced in May that it would create a cryptocurrency reserve. At this point, the company announced that they plan to invest in Bitcoin and President Donald Trump’s official meme coin, TRUMP token, through the issuance of up to $300 million in stock. *This is not investment advice. Follow our Telegram and Twitter account now for exclusive news, analytics and on-chain data! Source: https://en.bitcoinsistemi.com/another-nasdaq-listed-company-announces-massive-bitcoin-btc-purchase-becomes-14th-largest-company-theyll-also-invest-in-trump-linked-altcoin/
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 04:06
Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit

Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit

The post Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. The lead developer of Shiba Inu, Shytoshi Kusama, has publicly addressed the Shibarium bridge exploit that occurred recently, draining $2.4 million from the network. After days of speculation about his involvement in managing the crisis, the project leader broke his silence. Kusama emphasized that a special “war room” has been set up to restore stolen finances and enhance network security. The statement is his first official words since the bridge compromise occurred. “Although I am focusing on AI initiatives to benefit all our tokens, I remain with the developers and leadership in the war room,” Kusama posted on social media platform X. He dismissed claims that he had distanced himself from the project as “utterly preposterous.” The developer said that the reason behind his silence at first was strategic. Before he could make any statements publicly, he must have taken time to evaluate what he termed a complex and deep situation properly. Kusama also vowed to provide further updates in the official Shiba Inu channels as the team comes up with long-term solutions. As highlighted in our previous article, targeted Shibarium’s bridge infrastructure through a sophisticated attack vector. Hackers gained unauthorized access to validator signing keys, compromising the network’s security framework. The hackers executed a flash loan to acquire 4.6 million BONE ShibaSwap tokens. The validator power on the network was majority held by them after this purchase. They were able to transfer assets out of Shibarium with this control. The response of Shibarium developers was timely to limit the breach. They instantly halted all validator functions in order to avoid additional exploitation. The team proceeded to deposit the assets under staking in a multisig hardware wallet that is secure. External security companies were involved in the investigation effort. Hexens, Seal 911, and PeckShield are collaborating with internal developers to…
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 03:46